Saturday 1 September 2007

Apologies for the delay....

Internet went down at my Mums again-this time boot sector virus causing computer to crash was to blame....
so I have two fantastic achievements to report and news of my tattoo....
On Sunday 21st I set out for my 11 mile run. Having had a couple of bad runs in recent weeks I was a bit nervous, but I had a new gadget (my mum bought me a garmin forerunner 101 coz she knew i wanted one-google maps only so acurate-but was too skint to buy one!) so I tried my best to stay focused. Mile six and my dad stopped as he passed me in my car and asked had I had enough and did I want a lift home. "No" i just about managed thou the temptation was great, and set off again. At mile 9 my sister then tooted as she passed, turned around in the local farm shop and called me over. I jogged over and she too offered me a lift home! Now I appreciate their concern for my health, I informed her, and the offer of a lift if I was unwell, but being red in the face is OK!! I am not about to collapse!
Hit 11 mile mark in 2:52:57

On Bank Holiday Monday family plans meant that I didnt have enough time to complete a 13 mile run as per my schedule, so rather than put it off (we all know what happens when i do!) or not run at all, I opted for a time goal rather than my usual distance goal, and set out with a 10k in mind, hoping to beat my previous time of 1:40. I struggled most of the way round, with pain in my right calf, a niggle in my back and lack of focus, but I got home, and called C with my time straight away, I was that chuffed....
I'd completed the 10K in 1:31!

I put my success down to experimenting with gels and energy bars!

Thursday I went to see some friends at my local tattoo/piercing studio where I have been going exclusively for my piercings for 5 years. It was the first time I was going to get a tattoo there, having previously gone elsewhere because for the first 4 and a half years they did not have a resident artist. I told A that I wanted to get the tattoo as part of my ritual for gettting ready for next months marathon, and explained that I also wanted a butterfly underneath, so we could work out placing, but couldnt afford to get both done together. A suggested that it would be good to wait for the buttefly anyway, and to get that done as a sign of completion after the event. So that is the new plan!
Im very pleased with the end result, and feel so much more ready than I did before.
Watch this space for a pic-at the moment my camera has no batteries!
LOL

No comments: