Sunday 9 September 2007

Struggling

Didnt have a very good run today. Slightly worried that the bad runs out number the good ones at the moment. But have noticed that certain times of the month are better than others for running. Didnt get much sleep last night, so that cant have helped. Having said that, I did managed to do 9.29 miles. Ought to have clocked 13 miles at least by now, but I just cant overcome the barrier to achieve this. Humidity today didnt exactly help matters either. Considering going for an early morning run on Wednesday because my son is staying at my parents house on Tuesday night while I go to lectures at Uni, but since my lecture doesnt end until 9.30 it rather depends on how much sleep I get. The more miles I do, the more sleep I seem to need, especially since im not getting much sleep during the week at the moment. Hope this will improve soon.
With the marathon next month, this challenge seems to be getting harder not easier. The only improvement I have noticed is in terms of recovery. Only a couple of weeks ago, I would be in agony after a run, and hardly able to walk in the afternoon. Now, I hardly have any pain after a run, and today, I have zero pain. So at least I have one positive thing to reflect on!

No comments: