Sunday 16 September 2007

Pain

Only managed a mile today because of crippling pains in my legs. I have always had problems with my legs and have days when I am in absolute agony and cant walk. I have so far managed this pain with ibuprofen which I take before I go out for a run. Sometimes I run out, but go out for a run anyway, and I have good days when I can run a few miles and bad days when I cant even manage a mile. Today was a bad day. I cursed myself for lack of preparation, and for allowing an incident earlier this morning to allow me to get demoralised, but it is getting hard, and the knowledge that the marathon is only a matter of weeks away, and no longer a matter of months. I am trying to take positive steps to counter act the negative phases of the training, and hopefully use these bad experiences as a form of rehersal for the marathon itself. Now I know I MUST take ibuprofen, that I cant do without it, because if I injure myself now, Im up the proverbial creek without a paddle, I can prepare. Likewise with the other things that have caused problems so far. If I over reherse these things in my mind, hopefully any negative experiences on the day can be turned into positive results. And if worse comes to worse, I can always walk!

No comments: