Friday 17 August 2007

Hitting 170

Having had a two week break (not for holiday, just been too busy) I made sure I got in the gym on Wednesday and again today. Been keeping an eye on my HR coz my sheet says on the 6th and 12th visit of this card I have to note my HR. Well my HR was 138 on the treadmill but up to 170 at times on the bike and the cross trainer. Dont know if this is good or not, because the guideline says that 170 = 85 % for a 20 year old, 166 = 85% for a 25 year old, and I am 23, and I felt weird when I left gym. I say weird because I wasnt light headed or dizzy, but I definitely felt odd.
Plan for Sunday is at least 12 miles, although I would quite like to do 13, and since Christmas came early today, in the form of a Garmin Forerunner 101, a present from my Mum, it should be easier for me to work out my mileage without having to resort to Google Maps.
As they say, watch this space!

3 comments:

David Anderson said...

Hello Lizzie,

I've been following your blog as I'm training for the Dublin marathon too (my first). I'm now motivated to set up my own blog in case it brings in any more pennies and is interesting to anyone else in the same way...

David
http://dublinmarathon07.blogspot.com)

David Anderson said...

Ooops - should have entered the link as: http://dublinmarathon07.blogspot.com

David

Lizzie said...

Wow! I think thats great! The brilliant thing about Dublin is that it draws a really friendly crowd and i know of many people who have started blogs and found loads of nice people who are all preparing for Dublin because of their blogs. The camaraderie is fantastic.
Hope to see you there!