Wednesday 8 August 2007

4 miles is better than no miles......

I didnt have time to go for a run on Sunday. It was far too hot anyway. So since it was given for rain on Monday, I decided to put it off til then. But it didnt rain Monday, so I put it off til Tuesday. It didnt rain during the morning, and in the afternoon I had already arranged to take out my son. We ended up at Brooklands park in Worthing, and he went on the ponies and the train and ran around a lot, and by the time I got back I was knackered. So much so that really i shouldnt have been driving. But I knew if I didnt run that evening, I would put it off til Wednesday, and then til Thursday....
and you get the picture!
Thing was I had to be somewhere at 7 to look at a car. So i figured I would run the four miles to where the car was, meet my dad there, bring the car back and run another 8. I did well in that I covered the 4 miles in just over an hour (which is quick for me, especially since there were two hills, both long and tough). But I was so wrecked that I couldnt even contemplate the other 8 miles. So the new plan was to go to the gym today, and again on Friday, and run on Saturday the 8 outstanding miles, because I have plans for Sunday with C*
Well, because I had so much to do, I didnt get to the gym, so now the revised plan is to go tomorrow after my interview (I have a job interview in Southampton tomorrow) and possibly run to gym and run back again on Saturday.....
Watch this space as they say!

* BF has objected to use of "BF" despite my insistence that it protects the identity of innocent parties (lol) so from now on I shall use his initial C....until he moans about that and I have to think of something else!

No comments: