Wednesday 27 June 2007

Relax!

Today is supposed to be a rest day. But my legs feel fine ( a few weeks ago it was taking almost a week to recover from a long run) so I want to go out for a short maintenance run. I was going to go down to Wittering to run along the beach-tide out=sand=low impact=less injury/pain I figure. But plans change, and now my parents have the car. Am tempted to go down to Climping or up to Slindon (I quite like the woods there, and have yet to run the trail there), but for the moment, Im indoors, trying to rest.
So far I've been good about balancing eagerness with the awareness of the dangers of over training, with my average week consisting of one long run, and two or three gym sessions, but I know I need to start fitting in at least one 30 minute maintenance run during the week. I also figure that I need to fit this in early in the week, so that I can rest enough between now and Sunday, so I dont injure myself running the 10k.
So for the moment, orders are to relax and maybe get other things done that so far ive been putting of, like plumbing in my new dishwasher, or starting my dissertation....
Its a shame that this new-found motivation hasnt crossed over into other areas of my life!

No comments: