Thursday 28 June 2007

Highs are always followed by lows....

Having made plans to borrow my dads car to get to Essex (gasket gone on my Rover 214), plans got suddenly changed last night when the car was written off. Local nursery van driver drove into the side of my car as I turned off the roundabout and into my parents road. So now I dont have a car, and nor does my dad. Police attended scene and breathalysed both of us, and both parties were given production orders for vehicular documents.
Went to doctors this morning to get clearance to run at weekend. Have some limited internal bruising so I've been told to take it easy and not push myself...
wasnt going to anyway!
Trip to police station (wanted to get in out of the way, despite having seven days to attend) left me with no time to go to gym, so plans is now to go Friday.
No car, doesnt mean no 10k tho, just a three hour train and tube commute to best friends house in Romford. Do I see this as a sign not to do the run? asked the attending officer....
No, of course not!
But maybe I should think twice about owning a car!
Just after the accident my sister came down the road with the instructor that had taught me to drive. When they came back at the end of her lesson, I went out to talk to them, and told the instructor that I was thought she would think I was to blame. Dont worry she said, you can see from the damage that the other driver was to blame.
Luckily I have a witness, who said the same thing.
Now just got to convince insurance companies.

No comments: