Friday 29 June 2007

Looking forward to the weekend

Got my bag packed, and all my gear sorted. Not used to having to take this much stuff when I go to Essex. More organised than usual, with train times sorted out, and almost everything packed.
Went to gym for first time since accident; a little nervous, expecting pain.
Took it easy, not wanting to strain the bruised areas and injure myself before my 10k.
Originally when I joined the gym, I went for a small one deliberately, so that I could get in and out without talking to anyone. As time has gone on tho, Ive made friends with most of the staff, and a couple of the regulars who attend in the time slots I usually stick to. Tennis was on and having run out of power in the battery in my MP3 player, I found myself chatting to one of the guys....
Ok, I'll be honest, I was flirting!
Trying to relax now, and not get nervous about the run, despite friends and aquaintences asking how long ive been training for the 10k....
Training I ask?
Its just a milestone....
One of many.

1 comment:

gingerfurball said...

Hi Lizzie...that bump looks bad on your dad's car! All the best for the 10k...remember slow and steady!! Looking forward to the race report.