Wednesday 4 July 2007

Staying in verses going out

So having said I would be a good girl yesterday, and stay in, I went out at 2 for a 30 minute run round Slindon woods. Good plan I thought. Unfortunately its been about 10 years since I last went up there, and I had forgotten what the terrain was like. Being a little south of the downs, means that its all chalk and flint (great for ankle injuries!) and its not as flat as I remembered. So 30 minute run, became 30 minute "ramble".
I didnt get disheartened tho, because it wasnt about distance it was about time out, and I was glad to be out rather than indoors doing nothing.
Went to gym this morning, bright and early, after taking my son to school (previous visits have been as and when I could fit them in during the course of the day). The two top trainers were eager to hear about the weekends 10k and agreed that the treatment I recieved was poor in the least. Dont let it get you down tho, I got told, because your achievement is far greater than the person who came first.
And you know what?
Thats right.
Because I have come this far in as little as 3 months.
And that means so much to me.

No comments: