Tuesday 17 July 2007

Aches, pains and a little more self belief

Went for my usual run on Sunday, and clocked up 7 miles of the local villages. Struggled through the first mile, but kept going, knowing I couldnt give up, just because last Sundays run hadnt been a good one. By mile three I was feeling great, but glad I had brought cash with me, so I could wizz into Aldays and grab more water, on my way back down the main road. Time elapsed was 1 hr 39 mins- a lot, LOT quicker than my other runs. This gave me the boost Ive been looking for. When I went out Sunday morning, I still had almost zero self belief, but by the time I had got back, I had gained so much. Looking forward to this Sundays run, which wont be on my own this time, for a change. Aim is to clock up nine miles, to get me back on schedule, having not clocked the required 7 last week, putting me back a week. So having rewarded myself with a rest day yesterday, its back down the gym this afternoon, as yesterday, while driving, I suddenly got really bad cramp in both legs, that was so bad it was painfull, and I had to pull over and get out the car. Im still in discomfort now, which I am hoping I can ease on the cross trainer.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Glad you decided on nine, and not eight and a half. You just need to understand the 'overload principle', which is commonly applied to fitness and exercising, ie., in order to develop fitness and/or strength the exercise must be sufficiently demanding to increase existing levels, but not so demanding as to cause damage or strain. Since I've seen you become a achievement-motivated person you are now ready for challenge ahead, and Im proud to be a part of that.